I was in Sandakan last week for a school visit in Kinabatangan. It was my first time to Kinabatangan so I was really looking forward to go there. The journey took us about 1 hour to Kinabatangan Town and another 40 minutes to the school itself . By the time we reached the school I was so exhausted. The school was far more in better condition than I imagined. After we were done doing our work there, we headed back to Sandakan. We checked in at the newest hotel in Sandakan, situated at Sandakan Harbour Square. It was quite impressive with the view of the ocean just steps away and the rooms are so cosy….when I entered my room I really felt at home. Of all the hotels I’ve stayed in…this is the first one that really impressed me from my first step into the room. The next morning, I woke up early to go see the sunrise from the harbor which was just behind the hotel. There was no one there except for me and some hotel workers carrying some things from a pick up truck into the hotel. It’s seldom that I get to see the sunrise….especially from the harbor. Most people love sunsets…but I think that sunrises are equally beautiful. It’s like a symbol of hope and new beginnings.
The school at Kinbatangan
Fishermen 
The hotel room

Morning walk 
Sandakan Harbour Square

Me and my shadow
Sunrise
Morning has broken
Construction site near the hotel 
The view of Sandakan from the airplane
Oh ya….remember my entry about my trip to Langkawi? On my way back to Sabah, during the wait for my flight back to KK at KLIA, I met Frisco Daniel who is a cousin and also fellow blogger. You can find his name on my blogroll. I met him on my way out from Erraman…a convenient store located at the Arrivals Level. At first I saw a group of people with SABAH printed on the back of their shirts. “Okay…they are from Sabah”, I thought. Then I saw a tall guy…who I thought looked familiar…I think it was the glasses. I only met him once at my hubby’s cousin’s wedding. He was one of the photographers for the wedding. In my mind I thought “Isn’t that Frisco?” So I went up to him and said “ Frisco kah?” Translated “Frisco, is it?” I think he looked at me for about 3 seconds before he recognized who I was. Of all places, we couldn’t believe that we would bump into each other in KLIA. Below is a picture of us at the airport. Frisco, if you’re reading this, I hope you don’t mind me ‘grabbing’ this photo from your blog.hehehe….
No comments:
Post a Comment